Nmherman on 3 Oct 2000 20:27:45 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Multimedia: From Wagner to Virtual Reality

In a message dated 10/3/2000 12:07:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
rpacker@zakros.com writes:

> In 'Multimedia: From Wagner to Virtual Reality,' Mr. Packer
>  argues that the Internet's multimedia capabilities have descended
>  from the fusion of the arts envisioned by Richard Wagner, the
>  19th-century composer of opera's 'Ring' cycle." - Matt Mirapaul, NY
>  Times

What about the lecture at which Carter Lebares was told to become a web
artist by Mr. Packer?  This lecture was at Dolby Labs on Potrero in the
summer of 1999.  Carter Lebares is now a judge for the Genius 2000
Conference.  We're currently working on Buckminsterfullerenes and their
relatedness to net artworks.  What about the techne-teleology of the Ring
itself?  The aromatherapy of character-preservation?  M. Mirapaul knows all
about the ring myths as used by Genius 2000.
"Je ne vais pas etre Napoleon."

Max Herman
The Genius 2000 Network
http://www.geocities.com/~genius-2000/WinonaLaduke.jpg