Replica fall 2000 on 24 Aug 2000 11:23:22 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Exhbition at Replica 31.8-24.9

"this boy could be me"

Group exhibition at Replica Theater & Art Center

Maria Miesenberger, Anders Boqvist, Dejan Antonijevic, Charlotte Enström, Matts Leiderstam, Annika Eriksson, Sesse Lind, Maria Friberg, Lars Tunbjörk, Lotta Antonsson, Jenny Stigsdotter, and Igor Savchenko.

August 31-September 24, 2000
Opening: Thursday August 31, 6-12 pm. Bar and DJ (Patrik Arve from Teddybears)

Guest curator: Olga Kopenkina, Minsk/New York.

What does it mean to see and to be seen?

Replica is pleased to present "this boy could be me" (following Pasolini's statement on the gaze at the object reflecting the viewer's desire), an exhibition which explores how we recognize identities of others and how we place ourselves in relation to the other. The exhibition comprises images that address the complexity of human identity presented by models of fashion and advertizement; individual, corporate, or familial portraits; environmental photographs as well as anonymous footage.
The show also explores how a particular space, that of Replica Theater & Art Center, can be a site across which different identities could pass, how it constitutes conditions for vision
and recognition.

For more information: www.replica.nu
or call Olga Kopenkina at 08 650 08 84.
e-mail: project@replica.nu