pettauer.net on 3 Aug 2000 14:32:57 -0000

[Nettime-bold] AW: <nettime> Complaint to US Dept of Commerce on ICANN abuse of users

Hi Folks,

because I've been quite busy the last weeks, I didn't
have time to pay much attention to the procedures of
ICANN excecpt for the comments posted here on this
list.

I could not help but to think though that in this case
non-voting serves democracy better. I personally think
that those elections serve a different purpose than
testing cyber-democracy at large or installing an
internet-government that can truely claim some democractic
foundations.

The more people will take part, the easyier it will
be for ICANN to legitimate its steps. I'm personally
interested in who of the highly estimated members on
this list has voted, an who hasn't, and for what
purposes. The basic questions: who needs an institution
like ICANN? This is not a rethorical questions. Which
structures are reflected?

Comments on this?

greetings,ritchie

/"\