Phil Graham on 28 Jul 2000 07:41:20 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re:

At 08:52 AM 28/07/00 +0200, integer@www.god-emil.dk wrote:
>dom!naz!on = propagatd b! dze dom!natd

Well perhaps.

But that's either a fairly neoliberal attitude/slogan, or a flat out
tautology.

Not at all up to your usual standard.

It's rather like saying that poverty exists because of the presence of the
poor;
or that poverty is propagated by the poor.

I think not.

The more likely scenario, or what I suspect will happen, or what perhaps is
happening, is that the system of public enclosure has just about reached
its limits.

Then what?

Well, the system will change in some fundamental way. I still get to do my
art and own my own existence to a much greater extent than when I was a
professional musician.

I am not prepared to make predictions, although history appears to have
scrawled a rather bleak mud map of our immediate future.

Phil