Chris Drew on Wed, 17 May 2000 02:24:16 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] ART-ACT Notes 20b

To unsubscribe from To unsubscribe from ART-ACT Notes 20b simply reply with
unsubscribe in the
  Subject line.

Welcome Australian artist - Dean Teniswood. Welcome back Ellen
contributing from South Africa. Welcome Carlos N. Molina from New York. In
case you have not noticed the pace of contributions to ART-ACT is picking
up. That is because it is an idea whose time is near for a break through.
Thanks for remaining on our list. Please pass on the news of this active
mailing list to friends.

Check out "Family Rights are Human Rights" by Ellen Papciak-Rose
submitted to ART-ACT at
  http://www.art-teez.org/artists/epr2.htm

Check out "Stomp Out Racism" by Dean Teniswood submitted to ART-ACT at
  http://www.art-teez.org/artists/dt1.htm

Check out "DWB - Driving While Black or Brown" by  Carlos N. Molina
submitted to ART-ACT at
  http://www.art-teez.org/artists/cnm1.htm

  The On-Going Story of Community Art
 (will return in ART-ACT Notes 21)

It is important for me to continue this story of what went into building
UM-CAC. It is - in the end much more than I who have built  UM-CAC into what
it is at present. I have simply been blessed to be their servant over that
period, appointed by the fact I was willing to accept the job at no-pay for
a dozen years. Hundreds of artists from Chicago and beyond have contributed
over these years. This story will resume in a soon to come ART-ACT Notes
long ago, when I am facing my landlord in St-Paul, Minnesota in 1977. I had
up to this point, never experienced the sting of welfare. I had - however -
experienced the sting of the "road" or the "street" or the "feet in a
shelter" before. I had a start on the process of acclimation. Tune - in for
next episode and keep checking out the ART-ACT art.

 Chris Drew
 <mailto:umcac@art-teez.org>
 Uptown Multi-Cultural Art Center
 http://www.art-teez.org   We dress Chicago and the
 Internet in t-shirt art.  Come get some! 773/561-7676

 USEFUL LINKS FOR DEVELOPING AND PROMOTING WEBSITES

 Search Engines

 http://www.searchenginewatch.com/whatsnew.html
 Free Newletter that is well known.

 http://searchengineforums.com/bin/Ultimate.cgi
 Webmasters discuss Search Engine issues.

 http://www.wilsonweb.com/webmarket/searchengine.htm
 Articles on Search Engines.

 http://www.virtualpromote.com/
  Free Newletter with promotion tips - plus much more.

 http://www.techmailings.com/
 Free Newletters sorted into categories tech & web help topics.

 Internet Promotion

 http://www.online-pr.com/
 Great source for media links and public relations needs.

http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Internet/World_Wide_Web/Informat
 ion_and_Documentation/Site_Announcement_and_Promotion/  Lots of Promotion
 sites including many of the above.

 http://www.newsbureau.com/tips/
 Articles on dealing with the media to promote your website.

 Website Maintenance

 http://www.netmechanic.com/
 Check your links, HTML, page load time, and spelling.

 http://www.linkpopularity.com/
 Link Popularity - Check out what sites link back to yours.

 http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
 Free software to check all the links on your site.

 http://inventory.go2.com/inventory/Search_Suggestion.jhtml
 Test your keywords/find new ones.

simply reply with unsubscribe in the
  Subject line.