Manse Jacobi on Mon, 1 May 2000 05:11:20 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Independent Media Center (Seattle) en Freespeech TV visiting Europa.

thanks han for the memo! some minor corrections:

> Manse Jacobi collaborator with Freespeech TV (www.freespeech.org )
> and cofounder of the Independent Media Center ( www.indymedia.org ).

i was amongst several, if not hundreds, who helped establish the independent
media center in seattle.  the independent media center is becoming a
worldwide virtual network, and hopes to function as a multimedia news
service, focusing on resistance to imperialist globalization, but also
covering various other issues, using open publishing (see active.org.au).

if you are interested in contributing/helping, please join the imc-global
list by sending a message to majordomo@indymedia.org with "imc-global
<youremail>" in the message body (no quotes).

> blockade.  More than 200 media activists worked together to bring out
> the message.  The website had more than 1.5 million visitors.  Daily
> about 45 minutes of news was produced and broadcasted by means
> of Satellite, Public Access Television and the internet.

the website had ~1.5 million *hits*, and roughly 100,000 visitors.  the five
daily documentaries were 30 minutes long.  people in europe who are
interested in screening either the one-hour compilation "showdown in
seattle", or the one recently produced on the "a16" imf/world bank protests,
over the next few weeks, please let me know.

manse