lockard on Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:16:15 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> each to his own (from host d140.paris-132.cybercable.fr)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Decklin Foster wrote:

> nettime's anonymous coward writes:
>
> > Hohohohohoho it is very strange how you seem to fear the bites of a
> > pack of cub scouts. So Us, Teddy Bytown, specially dirty today and
> > also much in odour of sanctity, we order you, commie scotartt a la
> > Barbrook that you are, to speak only on behalf of the <nettime>
> > NetJunta that you belong to and that is all. Your denial would be a
> > simple denegation of your slavery, so suffer my justice in silence,
> > please, or I shall set loose my ted or my geert or both according to
> > my royal mood. And on the list of my good democratic own choice,
> > too.
>
> Moderators, would you mind filtering out this sort of crap? I thought
> this was what the unfiltered version of this list (whatever it's
> called) was created for.
>
> Seriously. Read the quoted paragraph again. Does this *possibly* have
> any interest to the world outside nettime? Consider the person who
> just subscribed and gets this in their first batch of postings. What
> does it mean to them? Shouldn't you be striving to be informative to
> this person, not just internal-list-politics nerds?
>
> Thanks for your consideration.

Moderators, Decklin Foster is absolutely right.  This Teddy Bytown creep
should be lashed in the fo'castle, thrown down to the hold, and banned
from nettime's decks.  A butt-biting twerp, he is.  There is no room for
humor on this ship, especially not Bytown's feeble insolence.

Thank you, Mister Foster.  You've helped nettime steer a straight course.
History will be improved through your efforts.

Joe

JOE LOCKARD

English Department
322 Wheeler Hall