McKenzie Wark on Fri, 25 Feb 2000 02:27:38 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> a reporter's questions about web nationalism

It seems absurd to restrict the 'footprint' of the web to
make it conform to archaic conventions of property ownership,
as practiced in the old media world. Some of these conventions,
in publishing, for example, aren't even from the last
century, but the one before that. However, without a multi-
lateral framework for trade negotiation, it is inevitable that
the movement of intellectual property across borders, and the
compensation of its creators, will be faulty.