mktgone U of M Press Marketing One on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 18:52:43 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Nettime // A Capsule Aesthetic

.

How new media art informed by feminism yields important and original insights about interacting with technologies

Please let me know if you would like a review copy.

A CAPSULE AESTHETIC: Feminist Materialisms in New Media Art
By Kate Mondloch
University of Minnesota Press | 168 pages | January 2018
ISBN 978-1-5179-0049-6 | paper | $27.00
ISBN 978-1-5179-0048-9 | cloth | $108.00

Kate Mondloch examines how new media installation art intervenes in technoscience and new materialism, showing how three diverse artists—Pipilotti Rist, Patricia Piccinini, and Mariko Mori—address everyday technology and how it constructs our bodies. Mondloch establishes the unique insights that feminist theory offers to new media art and new materialisms, offering a fuller picture of human–nonhuman relations.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Kate Mondloch is professor of contemporary art and head of the Department of the History of Art and Architecture at the University of Oregon. She is author of Screens: Viewing Media Installation Art (Minnesota, 2010).

For more information, including the table of contents, visit the book's webpage:
https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/a-capsule-aesthetic

Please email me if you have any questions.

Anne Wrenn, Publicist
University of Minnesota Press
111 3rd Ave S, Ste. 290
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2520