Ivana Marjanovic on Tue, 2 Jan 2018 20:15:02 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> FW: Vienna-based cultural festival WIENWOCHE 2018: call for projects

.

From: newsletter@wienwoche.org [mailto:newsletter@wienwoche.org]
Sent: 22 December 2017 17:01
To: ivana@pips.at
Subject: Vienna-based cultural festival WIENWOCHE 2018: call for projects

Image removed by sender. WIENWOCHE

newsletter

WIENWOCHE 2018

“On Boundaries, Bypasses, and Commons”

September 14 – 23, 2018

CALL FOR PROJECTS

TILL FEBRUARY 4, 2018

Image removed by sender. WIENWOCHE 2018 flyer call for projects

© WIENWOCHE, Picture: Nataša Mackuljak, Design: Toledo i Dertschei

From September 14 to 23, 2018, the seventh edition of Viennese cultural festival WIENWOCHE will take place throughout the city. Under the motto “On Boundaries, Bypasses, and Commons” WIENWOCHE focuses connections and conjunctions that overcome borders in every meaning possible. Till February 4, 2018, individuals, (cultural) initiatives, and groups are invited to submit their project-proposals.

Questions of content: What are the politically creative turbulences that exist in today’s local and global borderscapes and how do they work to transcend the existing boundaries in diverse ways? How do they actively transform the social landscape? How do organised and non-organised ‘mobile’ subjects and groups generate autonomy, through different usage of space and time, thus creating bypasses and improvising pathways? What can we learn from this?

How are borders contested by transnational ways of living as well as by transnational networks and struggles? What common space(s) do we have and which common goods have we succeeded to defend from capitalist appropriation? What are the new challenges we will come to face and how are they related to borders? Which tools can our artistic, activist and cultural production offer, to not only challenge borders in a geo-political sense but also in terms of symbolic, cultural, linguistic, urban, and other boundaries? [CONTINUE …]

WE HAPPILY LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR PROJECT-PROPOSAL!

The most important links:
Information on how to submit projects …
Important dates …
FAQs
Download Flyer „WIENWOCHE 2018 – Call for projects“

Please add the following date to your calendar:
Public info-event on WIENWOCHE 2018‘s open call
Monday, January 15, 2018, 7 pmAU, Brunnengasse 76, 1160 Vienna
Expect some infotainment on WIENWOCHE 2018, answers to (almost) all of your questions, drinks …

All the best in 2018 from
Your WIENWOCHE team