Nadine Roestenburg on Wed, 18 May 2016 18:20:03 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> submission: Deep Lab Day

.

Invitation 27 May - Deep Lab Day & Booklaunch Liminal Laws

What’s wrong with how the internet works? A lot of people see the internet as the last free frontier. But we are so dependent on corporate infrastructures that are designed to be ignored and collecting our data. Underneath this visible web hides the deep web, a giant mass of webpages that we can’t search for with search engines like Google.

Deep Lab is a collaborative group of cyber feminists engaged in ongoing critical assessments of contemporary digital culture, that work together to exploit the potential for creative inquiry lying dormant in the deep web. Their research includes privacy, surveillance, code, art, social hacking, race, capitalism, anonymity, the infrastructures of the 21st century and useful skills in tangible situations. During the exhibition Liminal Laws, MU invites Deep Lab members artist Addie Wagenknecht and information designer Maral Pourkazemi for a special Deep Lab Day with presentations, art, discussions and hacks.

We will also launch the book Liminal Laws containing the work of Addie Wagenknecht with essays by Domenico Quaranta, Claire L. Evans, Gabriella Coleman and an interview with the artist by Régine Debatty.

What the internet can learn from Deep Lab? Find out 27 May at MU!

Programme Friday 27 May

15.30  Welcome

16.00  Book launch Liminal Laws by Angelique Spaninks

16.10  Keynote Addie Wagenknecht

17.00  Break

17.15  Keynote Maral Pourkazemi

18.00  Break with soup & sandwiches

19.30  Deep Lab workshop/presentation/discussion with Addie Wagenknecht and Maral Pourkazemi

21.30 Drinks & after talks

Tickets including sandwiches and soup € 7,50

Students € 5

There is a limit amount of tickets available, so get your tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.nl/e/tickets-deep-lab-day-liminal-laws-book-launch-25426094132