Celikates, Robin on Tue, 8 Sep 2015 15:36:16 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [Nettime-nl] Out now: Krisis, Issue 2/2015: Perspectives for the New University

.
http://www.krisis.eu/

http://www.krisis.eu/content/2015-2/Krisis-2015-2-complete-issue.pdf

The new issue of Krisis, Journal for Contemporary Philosophy deals with the future of the university. The desire for a special issue on this topic was provoked by the Maagdenhuis protest at the University of Amsterdam in the early spring of 2015. The energy of surprise and enthusiasm released by the protests, the fact that direct and confrontational action âworkedâ, that it was even taken seriously and responded to, seemed to open up new horizons. We strove to capture some of the imaginative energy that was released by these events.

The issue is organized along three points of focus: struggles, diagnoses and futures. Under the heading of struggles, the reader will find contributions that not only describe specific fights taking place but also be able to sense the passion and engagement. Diagnoses deal with the problem at hand. What is actually the problem and how can we grasp it in such a way that we do not argue ourselves into passivity? Finally, there are contributions which explicitly propose future images of the university, both in terms of structure and organization as well as alternative concepts and callings.

âââââââââ
Robin Celikates
Department of Philosophy
University of Amsterdam