[rybn~] on Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:49:09 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Pixel Lab #4 | HASA-labs, "Satellite Data Stream"

.
Pixel Lab #4 | HASA-labs, "Satellite Data Stream"

in: Laboratoire Ouvert @ la GaÃtà lyrique, Paris
Sat. 27 Spetember, 5PM-7PM,
talk/discussion
Sun. 28 September, 2PM-6PM, workshop, 5 Euros

#4 | HASA-labs (De/UK)

Hasa-labs researches combines technological and artistic experiments. They play with the imaginary surplus produced by the affective qualities we tend to interpret into perceiving automatons.

Machines and technology are at the heart of Hasa-Labs artistic practice, under the form of technological apparatuses that are at the same time sculptures, objects, and installations - machines that are turned on themselves, like vacuum cleaners cleaning themselves.

Such machines or devices fulfil their main function for its own sake. As such, they oscillate between utilitarian and aesthetic demands. Besides the aesthetics of the performative, Hasa-Labs focuses on the aesthetics of "curiosities," whose initial significance lies in their ability to stimulate our imagination. Aided by this propensity for imagination, which Stanislav Lem described as a âspecies reflex,â new types of sense-fiction and other potential functions are generated.

http://hasa-labs.org/orbit_en/scientist.php

PIXEL_LAB | LABORATOIRE OUVERT

Within the residency program "Laboratoire Ouvert" of la GaÃtà lyrique, Mal au Pixel proposes a series of monthly meetings in Paris, until April 2015, consisting in a public talk and a collective workshop.
Since 2006, Mal au Pixel festival is looking at connecting technology, urban electronics and social transformation issues, and to investigate our contemporary beliefs. The festival brings together young digital artists and unconventional electronics : unexpected technologies, open source tools, prototypes and open ended events.

PROGRAM
-------
ÂÂÂ
11-12 October
Andy Bolus (UK.FR), Ghost Detector Synth
http://schoolofmeatcutting.free.fr

8-9 November
Bengt SjÃlÃn, Tempest Aura/Tempest Radio
http://www.automata.se/

13-14 December
Mari Keski-Korsu & Erich Berger, DIY Geiger Counter
http://casepyhajoki.info/en

PRACTICAL
---------

Presentations:
On Saturday, 5PM-7PM,
free access;

Workshops:
Sat and/or Sunday, 2PM-6PM, 5â,

SUPPORTS

--------

In partnership with Pixelache Network.

With the support of the Grundtvig Foundation.

ÂÂÂÂ

ÂÂÂ