Geert Lovink on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:59:01 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Copy-me: upcoming webseries dedicated to debunking the myths of copying

.
Copy-me: upcoming webseries dedicated to debunking the myths of copying

Copy-me is a PLATFORM about the sharing of knowledge and culture. About laws, myths and misconceptions, about the Internet and the wide spread of information and, of course, about all the benefits of sharing.

The team behind Copy-me is currently crowdfunding for a BRAND NEW animated web series, dedicated to debunking the myths of online copying and copyrights. The series will consist of several 2D animated episodes, each dealing with a different argument as to what is fair and what is not in the digital realm, as well as the big difference between copying something and actually stealing it. They will be neatly structured, with simple, yet comprehensive arguments anyone can understand. The webseries will span eight short-and-sweet episodes that talk about copyright, public domain, originality, artists and how they can make money, digital copies and lot more! Last but not least, this is all an exercise in learning what’s
going on in the world. It is also a free and open project, with a free license to download, stream, redistribute, broadcast or remix.

Copy-me was feature on Cory Doctorow's website (http://boingboing.net/2014/04/09/copy-me-a-new-critical-animat.html). You will also notice their teaser video on the landing page of Pirate Bay.

Have a look at their website: http://www.copy-me.org

If you are interested in supporting their crowdfunding campaign: http://igg.me/at/copyme