Chiara Passa on Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:27:15 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> OUT NOW: "Lenticular Encryption" by Prosthetic Knowledge at the Widget Art Gallery

.
Dear friends & colleagues,

I'm glad to present "Lenticular Encryption" Âby Prosthetic Knowledge at the Widget Art Gallery on IPhone, IPad and OSX-Dashboard. February 22 - March 22 2014. http://www.chiarapassa.it/upcoming.html

About the exhibition: "Lenticular Encryption".

This is an experimental project that examines the aesthetics of lenticularization and extends the creative possibilities of the GIF format.
Lenticularization of an image allows the viewer to be presented with additional visual information within the same space, dependent on angle. Striped of lenticular sheets, we see that information altogether, almost theoretically identical to the Cubist idea of relativity presented as one. This project aims to appreciate the encrypted information as it is as well as decoded with additional media. Also, it aims to highlight and hopefully inspire the idea that there is more that can be done with the GIF medium - new tricks and methods can be applied to animation making, whether it is 'flipping' from one image to another, or added depth ... Gif making can have additional visual narratives.
Prosthetic Knowledge which is a Tumblr blog about art, tech, and creativity. Âhttp://prostheticknowledge.tumblr.com/

About the WAG:

The âWAG" is a mini 3-dimensional, single room gallery that fits into people pocket 'cause I've developed it for IPhone, IPod Touch and I Pad. Every month, directly on audience mobile, The âWAGâ hosts a solo digital art exhibition related to the dynamic site-specific contest. So, the Widget Art Gallery works both as a sort of kunsthall showing temporary exhibitions and as a permanent collections museum because it conserves all the past exhibitions inside an online archive. For IPhone and IPod touch, just copy this url http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag/mobile/ in Safari and choose: âadd to homeâ and the WAG's icon will be saved on your IPhone. Do the same for IPad but paste this other URL: http://www.chiarapassa.it/wagipad/mobile/, or download the widget version for Mac osx dashboard at: http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html
Past exhibitions at: http://the-widget-art-gallery.blogspot.com/

Best regards, Chiara.

--
Chiara Passa