Geert Lovink on Tue, 9 Apr 2013 21:46:10 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> INTERNSHIP FOR WRITER/EDITOR AT NEXTNATURE.NET

.
http://www.nextnature.net/internships/#writereditor

INTERNSHIP FOR WRITER/EDITOR AT NEXTNATURE.NET

Next Nature Network

We research and visualize the changing relation between people, nature and technology. We function as a think- and design tank. We initiate publications in various media (websites, books, DVD, products, magazines, software, etc) and organize events (e.g. the powershow and Nano Supermarket). We promote crossovers between science, design, art and popular culture. Our website NextNature.net has over one million unique visitors per year and is considered as worldwide authority on the theme. The Next Nature Foundation is based in Amsterdam. Our Next Nature lab is connected to the Industrial Design department of the Eindhoven University of Technology. We work with a core team of freelancers on a project basis.

Internship: Writer / Editor

We offer an internship for a writer/editor that will collaborate on our activities & publications – in particular writing & editing for our websitewww.nextnature.net. You are a student on an advanced bachelor or master level in media studies or journalism. Editorial, production and writing skills are a requirement. Skills in standard media design tools are welcomed.

What do we expect?

- Responsible, eager, self-propelled, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience in writing and editing.
- Awareness of basic media design tools (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). - Evidence of your talent and practical experience with writing and editing. - Interest in next nature and the social-cultural implications of technological advancements in general.

Duration, location, compensation

Typically, any internship lasts 80 (working) days, but other durations are possible. There will be modest internship compensation of 200 euro per month (based on a 5-day working week) available to cover basic expenses. You can start immediately (April 2013). Your internship will take place on a full time basis at our offices in Amsterdam. We expect you to provide for your own housing in the region (we cannot provide housing for you in Amsterdam, so don’t ask).

Applications
http://www.nextnature.net/internships/#writereditor

Dr Koert van Mensvoort MSc MFA

Director Next Nature Network