Brittany Paris on Fri, 16 Dec 2011 20:26:30 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Critical Themes in Media Studies--Call for Proposals

.
Dear Sir or Madam,
I'm contacting you on behalf of the Department of Media Studies and Film at The New School, located in New York City. I would like to invite nettime members to present at our upcoming annual Critical Themes in Media Studies Conference taking place April 13-14, 2012 in New York City. You will find our call for proposals attached as a PDF file, which asks applicants to submit their proposals by January 15, 2012.

The Media Studies Department at The New School, as an institution of progressive education, focuses intently on the intersection of theory and practice-based scholarship. Therefore we encourage the submission of proposals that include (but are not limited to) short abstracts for papers, interactive installations, maps, walking tours, performances, etc.

We're asking that you please extend this invitation to nettime members, as we would love to see members represented amongst the top theorists and practitioners in the field of media studies presenting at our conference next spring. As I mentioned before, I have attached the PDF containing the call for proposals. Please feel free to attach it in a listserv-wide email.

If you have any questions
or concerns, please feel free to contact criticalthemes@gmail.com and we will be happy to address them.

Thank you for helping spread the word.

Sincerely,

Brittany Paris Critical Themes in Media Studies Conference
Outreach Coordinator

The New School
55 W. 13th Street
New York, New York

Critical Themes In Media Studies Conference | Department of Media Studies and Film | The New School