Dave Griffiths on Thu, 19 May 2011 04:33:30 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Call for Video: BabelFiche - a microfilm museum, deadline 1 June 2011

.
'Babel Fiche' is a crowd-source animation that collects and remixes documentary images.

During spring 2011 we are gathering contemporary video clips that describe everyday life around the Earth. It asks which conflicts, objects, traditions and fads we want to communicate to a future world. These frames will be condensed and printed on microfiche, a film medium lasting 500 years.

'Babel Fiche' is an imaginary media for future anthropologists. Today's human cultures, physique and technology will inevitably develop out of all recognition. How might a future species translate our current times?

Be a part of this unique time capsule - submit a 20 second clip online - deadline is extended to 1 June 2011.
It is totally free and open to anyone.

www.babelfiche.net

Submit video. Get involved in art direction, writing and sound design. Remix the results.

'Babel Fiche' is by UK artist Dave Griffiths. Commissioned by Film and Video Umbrella, London; and supported by North West Film Archive, Manchester