Dave Griffiths on Thu, 14 Apr 2011 04:18:04 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Call for Entries: Babel Fiche - a video museum for future humans

.

Call for Entries: Babel Fiche - a video museum for future humans

Babel Fiche is a web-based film production that collects and remixes documentary footage.

During spring 2011 we are gathering contemporary video clips that describe everyday life around the Earth. These images will be shrunk and printed onto microfiche – a film medium capable of lasting 500 years and simply requiring light and a lens to expand its contents.

Be a part of this unique time capsule - submit your clip online by 1 May 2011. It is totally free and open to anyone.

Go to: www.babelfiche.net

Babel Fiche is an imaginary media for future anthropologists. It asks which behaviours, objects, traditions and conflicts we want to communicate to a future world. Today’s human cultures, physique and technology will inevitably develop out of all recognition. So how might a future species translate our current times? Babel Fiche will animate the microfiche contents as a series of new stop-motion shorts. The production stage is open to people worldwide to participate.

Submit video clips. Get involved in art direction, writing and sound design. Remix the results.

Follow at: www.babelfiche.net

Babel Fiche is by UK artist Dave Griffiths. It is commissioned by Film and Video Umbrella, London; and supported by North West Film Archive, Manchester