Natalie Saltiel on Tue, 22 Feb 2011 01:01:58 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> 2011 Rhizome Commissions Cycle Now Open!

.
Rhizome is pleased to announce that the 2011 round of Rhizome
Commissions is now open!

http://rhizome.org/commissions/

This year, Rhizome will commission ten international emerging artists
to create original works of new media art, with grant awards ranging
from $1,000 to $5000. Projects can can manifest for a variety of
contexts, including the web, mobile devices, the gallery or public
settings.  Grant awards can be applied to any stage of the project.

Two of the commissions will be determined by Rhizome's membership
through an open vote. The majority will be decided by a jury
consisting of Lauren Cornell, executive director of Rhizome, Tina
Kukelski, Associate Curator of the Carnegie International 2003;
Candice Madey, founder of On Stellar Rays gallery; and, critic and
curator Domenico Quaranta.

To learn about eligibility, process and procedures of the 2011
Commissions Program, see our procedures page.

http://rhizome.org/commissions/procedures/

Or, go ahead and apply now (requires account login)!

http://rhizome.org/commissions/submit/

Rhizome is a leading arts organization dedicated to the creation,
presentation, preservation, and critique of emerging artistic
practices that engage technology. Through open platforms for exchange
and collaboration, our website serves to encourage and expand the
communities around these practices. Our programs, many of which happen
online, include commissions, exhibitions, events, discussion, archives
and portfolios. Rhizome is an affiliate of the New Museum of
Contemporary Art. For more informatio