Maggie Otieno on Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:26:57 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> The AfricanColours Newsletter Feb 2010

.

Dear Friends of AfricanColours,

We hope that 2010 started on a good note for most of you.

We have been silent for a while as we quietly worked in the background to create the new AfricanColours website. Most of you have had the opportunity to have a look at the new look design and we have received quite positive feedback. We are still making changes to the site to allow full interactivity with you our audience and hopefully very soon visiting www.africancolours.com will be an experience to look forward too. Please send us your suggestions on how to make it even more friendlier. Your additions will be greatly appreciated.

You may notice that the artist portfolio section has fewer artist listed. This is because we have insisted in having complete profiles for all artists who have submitted their portfolios. We noted that some of the bios on the old site had  incomplete information which made the user experience on the website not so satisfactory. With the new website we hope that each artist portfolio page will be a one stop shop for all the information you are looking for in a particular artist page.

As for the events section on the new website, much more information on exhibitions, workshops, call for applications and residencies is available from sources all over the world. We hope that artists will visit the website more often to take advantage of the listings.

As for the newsletter, we are designing a new look dispatch that is both easy to navigate and that looks good on your screens. We look forward to sending you our new look newsletter in your inboxes in the next thirty days or less. Attached to this email is our first Newsletter of 2010. We hope it is as informative as usual.

Lastly, you shall be able to navigate our new website using a language of your choice. Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian, Swahili are some of the languages the website shall be available in. We are excited at the prospect of reaching a completely new audience that has in the past be unable to connect with us because of language barriers.

On behalf of the AfricanColours team in Nairobi, I say thank you for your patience and continued interest in Contemporary African Art.

Thank you.

With very best wishes

Maggie Otieno
General Manager
AfricanColours ltd/ AfricanColours.com

cid:EF165EBF41824690A989C0F6379F2241@goro

Office: + 254 20 2250373

Mobile: +254 724 231071

Email: maggie@africancolours.com

Check out our new look website! www.africancolours.com

The information contained in this communication is intended for the use of the designated recipients named above. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify AfricanColours ltd immediately by telephone at +254 20 2250373 or email info@africancolours.com and delete this email. Thank you