Pavilion on Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:55:03 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> screening ANONYMOUS NOMAD at PAVILION UNICREDIT

.

/for English please scroll down/

Vineri 13 noiembrie 2009, 19.00

ANONYMOUS NOMAD: TRYGVE LUKTVASSLIMO and DITTE LYNGKAER PEDERSEN

PROIECTIE URMATA DE Q&A SESSION

"Video-ul nostru Anonymous Nomad incepe cu ideea de a duce o viata anonima si inregistreaza cum aceasta idee este modificata, negociata si sacrificata in cautarea umana a integrarii. Printr-o lentila indreptata asupra aspectelor nomade ale stilurilor de viata tranzitorii, observam sectiune cu sectiune tesutul existentei urbane. Anonymous Nomad se bazeaza pe conversatii cu sase locuitori ai Berlinului in toamna lui 2008.
O sa prezentam colaborarea noastra, iar apoi vom proiecta filmul. Introducerea se bazeaza pe experientele noastre de a ajunge din punctul A in B si asa mai departe - de la convorbiri incetosate despre anonimitate noaptea tarziu, pe Skype sau lecturi cu voce tare unul altuia pe plaja, la DVD-ul din bagajul nostru pe care il deschidem la Pavilion UniCredit. Elementele performative din Anonymous Nomad vor fi reluate pentru introducere si dupa vizionarea filmului, suntem desigur deschisi intrebarilor sau oricarui raspuns."

Trygve Luktvasslimo este un artist danez, care locuieste in Berlin din 2007. Lucrarile sale performance au o doza puternica de conceptualism inexpresiv si isterie "camp". Are o practica artistica de studio extrasa din cultura pop, iar momentan lucreaza cu reflectiile de suprafata in imaginile fotografice ale artistului in copilarie, tese tapiserii in alb si negru si realizeaza sculpturi din denim si materiale sintetice. Trygve a realizat performance-uri la HAU1 in Berlin si la PS122 in New York, a expus la centrul de arta Henie Onstad, din Oslo si la Signal, in Malmo.

Ditte Lyngkaer Pedersen foloseste video si instalatia pentru a explora perceptiile asupra limbajului, identitatii, televiziunii, strategiilor critice si modelelor de schimb. De asemenea, a fost angajata in numeroase colective si proiecte curatoriale pe termen lung, dintre care The production Unit, HOMEWORK si spatiul expozitional rum46 in Arhus. Lucrarile sale video si proiectele colective au fost expuse international la Bienala de la Berlin 5, in 2008 si festivalul Loop, din Barcelona. Este nascuta in 1977 si locuieste in Arhus si Berlin.

Filmul are 34 de minute si subtitrare in limba engleza.

Imagine: Trygve Luktvasslimo & Ditte Lyngkaer Pedersen, Anonymous Nomad, 2009, videostill from the film. Courtesy of the artists.

Proiect sustinut de Danish Arts Council Committee for International Visual Art.

---

Friday, November 13, 2009, 19.00

ANONYMOUS NOMAD: TRYGVE LUKTVASSLIMO and DITTE LYNGKAER PEDERSEN

SCREENING FOLLOWED BY A Q&A SESSION

"Our video Anonymous Nomad starts off with the idea of leading an anonymous life and registers how this idea is altered, negotiated, and sacrificed on a human quest for belonging. Through a lens directed toward the nomadic aspects of our transitory lifestyles, we observe section by section the weave of urban existence. Anonymous Nomad is based on conversations with six residents in Berlin during the fall of 2008.

We will introduce our collaboration, afterwards we screen the video. The intro is based on experiences from working our way from A to B and so forth – from blurry late night Skype chats on anonymity, or reading books out loud to each other on sandy beaches, to the DVD in our baggage which we open at Pavilion UniCredit. Performative elements from Anonymous Nomad will be re-worked for the introduction, and after showing the film we are of course open for questions or any response."

Trygve Luktvasslimo is an artist based in Berlin since 2007. His performance work has a fair dose of dead pan conceptualism and camp hysterics. He has a studio practice visually extracted from ”pop culture” and has been recently working with surface reflections in photographic images of the artist as a child, weaving black and white tapestry, and putting together sculptures from denim and patterned synthetic fabrics. Trygve has performed at HAU1 in Berlin and PS122 in New York, showed at Oslo’s Henie Onstad Art Centre (group) and Signal (solo), Malmö.

Ditte Lyngkaer Pedersen uses video, installation and collaborations to explore perceptions of language, identity, TV, critical strategies and exchange models. She has also been engaged in a number of long-term collectives and curatorial projects, they include The Production Unit, HOMEWORK and the exhibition space rum46 in Arhus. Her video works and collective projects have been shown internationally for example at The 5th Berlin Biennial 2008 and the Loop Festival in Barcelona. She is born in 1977 and currently based in Arhus (DK) and in Berlin.

The video is 34 minutes long and has English subtitles.

Image: Trygve Luktvasslimo & Ditte Lyngkaer Pedersen, Anonymous Nomad, 2009 - videostill. Courtesy of the artists.

Project supported by the Danish Arts Council Committee for International Visual Art.

---
PAVILION UNICREDIT
center for contemporary art & culture

Sos. Nicolae Titulescu 1 (Piata Victoriei)
Bucharest  011131 Romania
T: + 4 031 103 4131
E: pavilion@pavilionmagazine.org
www.pavilionunicredit.ro

---
PAVILION UNICREDIT este un centru pentru arta si cultura contemporana, un spatiu independent work-in-progress, spatiu de productie si cercetare a vizualului, a discursivului si a performativului. Este un spatiu al gandirii critice  care promoveaza o întelegere implicata socio-politic a artei si a institutiilor culturale.

PAVILIONâUNICREDITâis a center for contemporary art & culture, a work-in-progress independent space, a space for the production and research in the fields of audiovisual, discursive and performative. It is a space of the critical thinking, and it promotes an artistic perspective implying the social and political involvement of the art and of the cultural institutions.

---

This is a project by PAVILION - journal for politics and culture.
www.pavilionmagazine.org

---
PAVILION, BUCHAREST BIENNALE and PAVILION UNICREDIT are projects devised and founded by Razvan Ion and Eugen Radescu

---
Supported by:
UniCredit Tiriac Bank
Strategic partner: Pilsner Urquell

Media partners: Radio Romania Cultural, 22, Alternativ.ro, Feeder.ro, 24Fun, Modernism.ro
Production partner: UpDate Advertising
Printing partner: First Advertising Agency
Audio-visual partner: Sony

---
To unsubscribe click this link
To forward this message click this link