Twan Eikelenboom| Virtueel Platform on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:10:55 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Walled Garden - Working conference on communities and networks post Web 2.0

.

We need your knowledge!

WALLED GARDEN

Working conference on communities and networks post Web 2.0

20 & 21 November 2008, Lloyd Hotel, Amsterdam

"What happens when we have friended our old friends on MySpace and have written professional testimonials on LinkedIn, have scrobbled our entire music libraries on last.fm and have written on many walls on Facebook? Can networks be open, sustainable and valuable? Or does a network only work when it's a walled garden?"
(Sabine Niederer, Institute of Network Cultures / moderator WALLED GARDEN)

WALLED GARDEN will address issues of identity, mobile communities and networks by focussing on the tendency towards online gated and closed communities. How does this affect the (in)accessibility of information and knowledge? Now is the time to identify success factors and failures of Web 2.0 and to initiative new tools and strategies for the future Web.

Virtueel Platform invites you to take part in WALLED GARDEN. This international working conference will approach the development and future challenges of the current Web 2.0 through exploration, experimentation and exchange of knowledge. Our goal: a blueprint for policy makers, funders and practitioners that works towards a public garden.

WALLED GARDEN breaks with the traditional conference format. Structured participative group dialogue will be interspersed with inspirational presentations from artists, researchers and technologists.

To register mailto workshop@virtueelplatform.nl or call now +31 (0)6-10927376.

Fee: 150 euro (students 75 euro) for two days lunch and dinner on Thursday.

WALLED GARDEN is organised by Virtueel Platform.

http://www.virtueelplatform.nl/walledgarden