Zeta Books on Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:19:37 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Jad Hatem - La genese du monde fantastique en litterature

.
Title: Untitled Document
Zeta Books - Newsletter nr. 2 / 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please let me announce our latest publication, Jad Hatem's second book at Zeta Books, La genèse du monde fantastique en littérature. For orders and inquiries please visit our website: www.zetabooks.com or e-mail us at: orders@zetabooks.com

Jad HATEM
La genèse du monde fantastique en littérature

In this book, the author elaborates a theory of the genesis of the fantastic world in a twofold way: on the one hand, from a general perspective, when the supernatural is in direct relationship with the ego; on the other hand, from a particular perspective, when the fantastic is an act belonging to the ego. For emphasizing the subjective significance (especially the clinical one, Jungian and Freudian) of the fantastic literature, the author has chosen to approach this theme through the analysis of certain literary works: Villiers de l’Isle-Adam’s L’Ève future, André Maurois’s La Maison, Mérimée’s La Vénus d'Ille, Jan Ray’s Malpertuis, the novels of Maupassant, Kafka’s Process, Ghâdat as-Sammâne’ Widow of Joy. Those interested in the theory of literature, in psychoanalysis, and philosophy alike have reasons to be highly interested in the combined perspective this book brings in order to understand the constitution of the fantastic world in literature.

    Availability:
Paperback & Electronic
    (pdf)
    Publication date: 31 October 2008
    Size: 5.83 x 8.27 in
    Pages: 170
    Language: French
    ISBN: 978-973-1997-08-7
    Book: 21 EUR  - shipping not included
    eBook: 8 EUR
    [direct link]

--
If you do not want to receive any more newsletters, this link

Forward a Message to Someone this link