Dr. Hugo Heyrman on Mon, 10 Nov 2008 06:51:47 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Invitation : : : City Life & Body Language : : :

.
Title: Invitation : : : City Life & Body Language : : :
= P R E S S   R E L E A S E  /  I N V I T A T I O N =

EXHIBITION AND BOOK PRESENTATION

Dr. Hugo Heyrman / City Life & Body Language
16 November 2008 - 1 February 2009
Galerie De Zwarte Panter, Antwerp - Belgium
Hoogstraat 70-72-74 - Tel: 0032(0)3 233 13 45

Belgian painter, filmmaker, internetpioneer, synesthesia- and new
media researcher Dr. Hugo Heyrman exhibits paintings on the themes
of cinematic imagination, city life, body language and memories.

The works from the cycle 'City Life & Body Language' are making the
tension between experience and imagination visible. Dr. Hugo transforms
visual experiences of atmosphere, light and dark, colour and time, into
statements about painting. The 'painted image' reinvents the world.
The paintings are about the discovery of the unknown in the known,
investigating how meaning is created. One central theme with Heyrman
is his existential engagement with the fragility of contemporary life:
the city and street as a form of society. By bringing the visual and
conceptual closer together as an interactive process, Heyrman's oeuvre
makes a unique contribution to painting and the adventure of art.

Vernissage, Saturday 15 november from 4:pm till 10:pm.
Introduction and book presentation by
Joannes Kesenne, professor PHL. at 6:pm.

Open from Thursday till Sunday, 1:30-8:00 pm.
The gallery will be closed on 25-26-27 december.

Book presentation: Dr. Hugo Heyrman / Monography
Publishers: Snoeck [BE] - De Zwarte Panter.