mediahub on Fri, 5 Sep 2008 18:22:33 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> SSRC Grants News and Deadlines

.
Apologies for cross-posting

The Social Science Research Council is pleased to announce the following (claimed) Research Bounty:

‘Who Gets Cable?  Why We Don’t Know and Why That Matters’ has received a $5000 Research Bounty to fund collaboration between Media Access Project (Harold Feld) and researchers Scott Sanders (Chicago Media Action) and Greg Rose.

Who Gets Cable?  By the FCC's admission, data collection on this issue has failed, leaving it unable to effectively regulate the primary providers of media and internet services. This study provides an alternative benchmark based on the Chicago area.

Research Bounties combine an online project clearinghouse with a prize system for research ideas.

See other Bounty projects offered Deadline to Claim: September 30th!

Upcoming Small Grants Deadline:

Proposals for the next Small Grants Competition ($7,500) of the SSRC/Necessary Knowledge for a Democratic Public Sphere program must be submitted online by 5PM (EST), Monday, September 8th.

Applicants will be notified of next steps by September 12th.  Small Grants winners will be announced on October 27th.

For details, see: http://mediaresearchhub.ssrc.org/grants/small-grants-project.

Other Opportunities:

Honorable Mentions: excellent project proposals from our last Large Grants round

SSRC Collaborative Large Grants ($30,000) have been extremely competitive, with applicant to grant ratios of around 7 to 1.  Each round sees a number of excellent proposals that can't be funded due to our limited resources.

Following the announcement of the June 2008 large grant recipients, we want to draw attention to a number of these excellent projects, in the hope that they will find success and well-deserved support.  Please email us: mediahub@ssrc.org.