second loop on Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:33:54 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [Augmentology] _A Warcry for Birthing Synthetic Worlds_

.
My first article on Augmentology.com went up today! Mez invited me to
write some articles for them, and I'm very happy to be included in
their site, because the writing there is so interesting, and has
affected my thinking about synthetic worlds a great deal.

Here's a snippet…

"…I would argue that we are currently at the AOL stage of synthetic
world development; beyond the stage of university and military
applications but mostly dominated by one or a few corporations (think:
AOL or Compuserve as roughly parallel to Linden Labs, Blizzard)…."

Read more @ _Augmentology 1[L]0[L]1_:
http://arsvirtuafoundation.org/research/2008/08/01/_a-warcry-for-birthing-synthetic-worlds_-part-1/

xo,

  azdel