ANAT Communications on Thu, 24 Jul 2008 04:01:02 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Filter Launch & ANAT @ ISEA 2008

.
Title: HTML Message
{File:"dl-hi-res_web2.gif"}
>>>Filter Magazine Launch<<<
The Australian Network for Art & Technology (ANAT) invites you to the launch of its special ISEA edition of Filter magazine, focusing on interdisciplinary collaborations between the arts and sciences. Filter will be launched by ANAT Board Director Jasmin Stephens.
4.30pm, 30 July 2008
Science Centre Singapore
15 Science Centre Road, Singapore

>>>ANAT at ISEA<<<

Executive Director Melinda Rackham is a member of the International Programming Committee for ISEA 2008 and will be speaking at the LEF@ISEA2008 Forum - At the Crossroads of Media Arts & Science and Technology: Education in the 21st Century - What is to be done?
10am - 1pm, 27 July 2008
Nanyang Technological University
School of Art, Design and Media, Singapore.
http://www.isea2008singapore.org/conference/conf_forums.html

>>> art research science Program Manager Vicki Sowry is presenting Way to Go: The Impact of Process on Artists' Residencies in Science and Research Settings. The panel will present the findings of the Artsactive think-tank being held in Perth, Western Australia immediately prior to ISEA2008. Both sessions will interrogate the issues impacting upon the success and sustainability of art/science residency programs now and into the future, including: residency models and methodologies, contracting, IP and copyright, partnerships and ethics.
2pm - 4pm, 26 July 2008
Singapore Management University,
Ngee Ann Kongsi Auditorium
http://www.isea2008singapore.org/conference/conf_panels.html

Board Director Hugh Davies is presenting Physical Facebook And User Generated Art, which will discuss the social and creative implications of Map Me, a tactile version of social networking pages. Map-Me brings virtuality back into reality, making the act of networking, the connections and the people appear in 'real' time and space. Following the talk, the audience will be invited to participate in a Map Me event in order for them to experience the work first hand in its physical platform.
http://analogueartmap.blogspot.com/

>>>ANAT Members at ISEA - Funded by ANAT's Professional Development Travel Grant<<<
>>>Priscilla Bracks (QLD)
Formally trained in Photography and now incorporating this with mediums including new media, illustration and installation, Priscilla explores the interplay between human nature, society, popular cultures and the environment we inhabit. Her new illuminated and luscious work Charmed (2007, commissioned by Experimenta), combines illustrations/animations with sculptural installation forms designed in collaboration with Gavin Sade and Matt Dwyer as part of the Experimenta Play ++ Exhibition.
http://www.isea2008singapore.org/exhibitions/pe_experimentaplay.html

>>>Narayana Takacs (VIC)
A conceptual digital artist with a strong interest in critical theory, Narayana will be presenting a paper on the 'exctasy of hyperrealism' (sic) analysing the temporal qualities of digital media, during the Reality Jam Symposium. Narayana's practice has developed into performative media installations and digital abstraction with particular interest in notions of digital and post digital aesthetics.
http://www.isea2008singapore.org/conference/conf_programme.html

>>>Narinda Reeders (VIC)
Through her many works including i love squid and I love my phone (2008), Help Your Self (2007) and White Collar Undone (2006), Narida directly explores the influence of new technologies in our social lives and the increasingly blurred line between public and private. Her work, The Shy Picture (2005), an intoxicating and cheeky peak into a parallel gallery space world, will be exhibited at ISEA as a part of the Experimenta Play++ Exhibition. The Play ++ Exhibition will showcase recent Australian media artworks that respond to the gallery visitor through playful and innovative interfaces involving touch, movement, sound, shadow, and pressure.
http://www.isea2008singapore.org/exhibitions/pe_experimentaplay.html

>>>Margaret Seymour (NSW)
Incorporating a diverse range of media including sculptural installation, 3D computer graphics, video and sound Margaret's work combines new media with older lens based technologies. Working with simple ways of exploring the ideas of the real and the virtual - the virtual both in its contemporary sense and also as imagination and memory, Margaret has been invited to give an artist presentation at the ISEA conference which will include a short paper entitled "Reality Jam: the uncanny space of CCTV-based video art". As part of the presentation, Margaret will also show video documentation of two of her recent works, The Mirrored Room and Dis/appear.
http://www.isea2008singapore.org/conference/conf_programme.html

{File:"ANATSponsors_print for web no anat.jpg"}
ANAT is assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council http://www.ozco.gov.au its arts funding and advisory body, by the South Australian Government through Arts SA http://www.arts.sa.gov.au and the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, an initiative of the Australian, State and Territory Governments.

To sunsubscribe please contact
anat@anat.org.au