Beata Szechy on Tue, 8 Jul 2008 17:56:57 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> NEW: Call for artists - A.I.R. International Artists Residencies- BUDAPEST, Hungary

.
NEW: Call for artists - A.I.R. International Artists Residencies- BUDAPEST, Hungary

We are proud to announce that our residency/seminar program due to it's success has been expanded.

The Hungarian Multicultural Center (HMC) is currently accepting applications for the Budapest -International Artist/Writer Residencies.  The HMC invites interested visual artists, musicians, film makers and writers to submit application for its residencies program.

1. Deadline (must be received) August 1, 2008
for September - October AIR
2. Deadline (must be received) September 15, 2008
for November AIR
3. Deadline (must be received) October 15, 2008
for December - January AIR

Residencies Dates
1. Wednesday, September 24  -  Tuesday, October 7, 2008
    Seminarium on September 26th

2. Wednesday, November 5 - Tuesday, November 18, 2008
    Seminarium on November 5th

3. Saturday, December 27   -  Friday, January 9, 2008
    Seminarium on December 29 and 30th

Great opportunity for artists: Culture is the true identity power.  In this context the major role of the artists is to promote through art cultural diversity and preserve common values. Intercultural dialogue through art is an important instrument.   Art is not a means - art is a space in which everything is possible, in which different times, subjects and objects, sometimes divergent, coexist.  And not just coexist, but communicate and create values.   Through art, culture, tolerance, initiating a dialogue among nations, among various artistic expressions, a real dialog among real people.  Culture communicates in the language of heart, which is understood by everybody. For artists, communication is essential – both with the audience – the art consumer, and with representatives of national and international art
groups.

While HMC does not provide funding for residencies, we are helping to facilitate the creation of programs and support the costs of the exhibitions.

For application form or questions please write to:
Beata Veszely: veszelyb@gmail.com or
Beata Szechy: bszechy@yahoo.com

www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com