Carole Kim on Tue, 8 Jul 2008 17:56:32 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> GLOW festival, July 19th--dusk to dawn

.
Title: GLOW festival, July 19th--dusk to dawn
This one is for my particularly nocturnal friends who would be into bringing in the dawn with me...(I don’t perform until 2:45 am!)  The rest of you can join us in your dreams...

+++Carole

featuring performances by Albert Ortega, Steve Roden, Unrecognizable Now and White Rainbow, video by Jessica Bronson, Cal Crawford, Carole Kim and Matt Sheridan and dublab soundsystem DJs Frosty, Carlos Nino, Hoseh, Jimmy Tamborello, Sam Cooper, Katie Byron, Ale and Part Time Punks DJ Michael Stock.

Tonalism takes place in the historic Looff Hippodrome carousel building on the Santa Monica Pier as a part of the GLOW festival sponsored by the City of Santa Monica. FREE! [more info]

Date:   Sat, July 19
Time:  7:30pm until dawn

Where:
Looff Hippodrome Carousel
on the Santa Monica Pier
200 Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica, CA 90401

Full Schedule

7:30 PM    Jessica Bronson, video / Hoseh and Jimmy Tamborello, DJs

9:00 PM    Unrecognizable Now

9:45 PM    Matt Sheridan, video / Michael Stock and Sam Cooper, DJs

11:30 PM   Albert Ortega

12:15 AM   Cal Crawford, video / Carlos Nino and Frosty, DJs

2:00 AM    White Rainbow

2:45 AM     Carole Kim, video / Katie Byron and Ale, DJs
 5:00 AM    Steve Roden

Special thanks to Honest Tea, Synlawn, Izze, I Love My H20 and Pink Cloud Events for their support of sound. at Glow: Tonalism!

sound. 2008 is co-curated by Cindy Bernard, Jeremy Drake, Danny Gromfin, Joe Potts and Tom Recchion

The Society for the Activation of Social Space through Art and Sound (SASSAS) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a catalyst for the creation, presentation and recognition of experimental art and sound practices in the Greater Los Angeles area. Programs include sound. at the Schindler House; sound. at the REDCAT; sound. workshops; soundNet.org, an online concert archive; and soundNet recordings, CD compilations drawn from sound. concerts.

SASSAS is supported in part through grants from the the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs, the City of West Hollywood Arts Commission, the Foundation for Contemporary Arts, and the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. Arts. Additional support received from Amoeba Music.

Board of Directors: Cindy Bernard, Jeremy Drake, Tom Leeser, Gregory Lenczycki, Jorge Martin, Renee Petropoulos, Joe Potts, Gabie Strong, Tom Watson

Advisory Board: Ann Goldstein, Renee Green, Danny Gromfin, Mike Kelley, Carol Ann Klonarides, Tom Recchion, David Schafer, Carl Stone, Mark Wheaton, Christopher Williams

Forward email

This email was sent to carolekim@pacbell.net, by info@sassas.org
Update Profile/Email Address
| Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe
| Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

SASSAS | P.O. Box 411453 | Los Angeles | CA | 90041