okno on Wed, 28 May 2008 12:19:58 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [OKNO] symbiosis #2 agents of collaborative performance | workshop and performance (29-31/5)

.
OKNO - artist run organisation for art and mediatechnology - brussels
http://okno.be

For the second installment of Symbiosis, we invite Dutch artists Jan-Kees van Kampen (aka vacca, GOTO10) and Arjen Keesmaat for an electronic music performance.

Coupled to the event is a Performance Lab session in the form of a three day workshop by GOTO10's Jan-Kees van Kampen. In this workshop we will work on a collaborative playground for an audiovisual performance/installation. Focussing on using scsynth to generate sound, hold data and build a sequencer for networked play, we use the supercollider language as an intermediate between the server and external clients.

SuperCollider is a programming language for sound and electronic music. Excellently adapted to a contemporary environment of networks, free software and live coding, SuperCollider is an extraordinary tool in the technological artist's arsenal. It sounds gorgeous too.

GOTO10 is a collective of international artists and programmers, dedicated to Free/Libre/Open Source Software (FLOSS) and digital arts. GOTO10 aims to support and grow digital art projects and tools for artistic creation, located on the blurry line between software programming and art.

The workshop is free.
For admission, please send a short mail with info on your background and skills to symbiosis@isjtar.org.

http://okno.be/?id=1238
http://isjtar.org

Workshop: 29-30-31 May 10 - 17
Performance: 31 May 20h
@ OKNO Koolmijnenkaai 34 Quai aux Charbonnages - Brussels - Belgium
public transport: metro Graaf van Vlaanderen/Comte de Flandre -- Tram18

With the kind support of the Flemisch authorities and the VGC (Vlaamse Gemeenschapscommissie).