the vacuum cleaner on Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:55:15 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> 25 Free Tickets to Performing Rights Glasgow

.

25 Free Tickets to Performing Rights Glasgow

– a project from the vacuum cleaner

What is Performing Rights Glasgow?

Performing Rights Glasgow (10/02/08, 11 am till late) is a day of performances, presentations, discussions, screenings and interventions around ideas of performance and human rights.

Read more here http://www.thisisliveart.co.uk/projects/NRLA

Why are you giving away 25 free tickets?

Last time we made an art piece at Tramway it was for an inclusive art event called Common Work; it cost £100 to get in, which we couldn’t afford. So we decided to raise the ticket cost by begging outside the entrance. See - http://www.vacuum.org.uk/beggingforsocialengagement

This time round we’re performing inside but we thought it important that people on low and no incomes weren’t excluded, thus we’re getting paid in tickets, which you can have.

How do I get a ticket?

You are entitled to a ticket if:

You live locally to the Tramway or live in Glasgow.
You don’t really go to see much art, or have heard modern art is a load of rubbish but want to give it a go.
You wanted to go, but had been put off by the cost.
You think that art has nothing to do with social and ecological change.
You are on a low or no income.

All you have to do is email suck@vacuum.org.uk with ‘A free ticket’ in the subject line and a name, and we’ll put you down on the list. Tickets are on a first come first served basis. Only take a ticket if you are sure you want to come, as the 25 tickets are instead of our fee.
(See further details on your free ticket below)

Help spread the word.

Help us get the message out and forward this to anyone who it maybe of interest to.

Further ticket details.

  1. No one will be made aware that you’ve got a free ticket.
  2. You won’t be expected to see everything or stay all day if it isn’t for you, but you must be prepared to give it a go.
  3. If you would like to have a buddy for the day, so you can have someone to talk to about the art work, we can try and arrange one, so please state in your email if this is the case.
  4. If you have a visual, auditory or mental impairment or difficulty, please also let us know in your email.
  5. The Tramway is wheelchair accessible.
  6. the vacuum cleaner is not responsible if you have a bad experience.