Geert Dekkers on Thu, 10 Jan 2008 00:28:24 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> [Nettime-nl] nznl.com digest, Jan 03, 2008 - Jan 09, 2008

.
nznl.com digest
Jan 03, 2008 - Jan 09, 2008
Posts  2041 - 2047

http://nznl.com
rss http://nznl.com/geert/nznl.xml
macosx only screensaver at http://graphics.nznl.org/nznl_com_screensaver.dmg (>95MB)
weekly at http://graphics.nznl.org/2008-02.mov (70Mb)

about
AUTHOR: "STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE is indeed a study. A study, because the piece, if it is ever to become a piece, that is a whole, if it ever is to become a piece, it would not be this piece. It might become a piece. It might become a narrative. But for now, it is a study."

2041. Jan 03, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (FACE)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080103&from=list

2042. Jan 04, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (AFTER THE FUNERAL)
flash movie

BRUCE: "After the funeral, I moved away from the city. Went into another line of work. I just couldn't stand the thought of another day as a policeman."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080104&from=list

2043. Jan 05, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (STARTING)
flash movie

AUTHOR: "Uhm."
NARRATOR: "What?"
AUTHOR: "Just starting.."
NARRATOR: "Starting?"
AUTHOR: "Starting a story. Of sorts. A narrative."
NARRATOR: "About?"
AUTHOR: "Well, what have I been doing all along? It's to be about a gallery. About my gallery. The gallery I created."
NARRATOR: "In pictures? The one you created in pictures?"
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080105&from=list

2044. Jan 06, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (CLEAR GROUND)
flash movie

VICKI: "As a child, I was confounded by the contingency of the Good and the Bad. Through experience, I had become convinced that both the Good and the Bad occurred only unexpectedly. And I wanted so very much for the Good to occur. So I had devised a strategy. To ward off the Bad, I was to envision everything that could ever go wrong. But I was to avoid all thoughts of the Good, to give It clear ground."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080106&from=list

2045. Jan 07, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (ABOUT)

AUTHOR: "Unconvinced as I was, I felt the need to write a piece on my intentions. Unconvinced as I was, I felt the building of the building was not enough. I had to explain myself. Even though the building was there for all to see, I felt there was something missing. I felt I had to produce a buffer of language around my creation. To protect... "
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080107&from=list

2046. Jan 08, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (STREAM)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080108&from=list

2047. Jan 09, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (SKIN)
flash movie

AUTHOR: "And when I build, I build the surface, the surface of the things, but then I look closer, I find that I should be building the carriers of the surface, the scaffolding of the surface, and where the clear, the taunt, where the taunt of the surface, where the taunt of the skin, where the taunt of the skin and the clear of the skin gives way, where it gives way, where the skin gives way, there is revealed, there is a truth revealed, perhaps, perhaps, for me, perhaps."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080109&from=list