greg scranton on Tue, 4 Dec 2007 19:24:02 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Tenure-Track Art History Position

.
ART HISTORIAN
URSINUS COLLEGE invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Art History for Fall 2008. We seek candidates with expertise in Modern Art. Specialization in African American and/or African Diasporic Art preferred. Other specializations considered. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach a range of courses within our growing Art History major and will be expected to teach in the College’s interdisciplinary freshman seminar. Our ideal candidate will be able to take advantage of the College’s Berman Museum of Art as well as the College’s close proximity to Philadelphia and its art museums. The major museums of New York City and Washington DC are a day trip from the Ursinus campus.

The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate an interest in and potential for excellence in teaching and research in a liberal arts setting, to mentor students in undergraduate research projects and to establish an ongoing program of scholarship. Applicants should have a broad vision of the role of the visual arts as a course of study in support of the college’s strong liberal arts mission. Ph.D. required.

Ursinus College is a highly selective, independent, co-educational, residential liberal arts college of 1500 students located 25 miles northwest of center city Philadelphia. Ursinus College is an equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE). In keeping with the College’s historic commitment to equality, women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply. Send letter of application, vitae, transcripts and three letters of recommendation including email addresses of recommenders to: Dr. Jay K. Miller, Chair, Art History Search Committee, Ursinus College, Collegeville, PA 19426. Additional information about Ursinus College may be accessed on our web site: www.ursinus.edu. Applications received by 01/07/08 will receive full consideration; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.