Geert Lovink on Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:05:38 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> UnConference: Participation 2.0 (Salzburg)

.
From Nov. 14 - 17 we (Radiofabrik, Community Radio station in Salzburg) are organising the

CivilMedia 2007
UnConference: Participation 2.0
Community Media, Web 2.0 and Political Participation

In bringing together international and national alternative media practitioners, researchers, policy makers, activists, and community development workers, the UnConference: Participation 2.0 will consider and review the role of participatory media (Community Radio- and TV-Stations, Web 2.0…) in Europe and its challenges in the future.

What meaning, impact and challenges do arise by this participatory media production in respect to political participation and active European citizenship? Which models for future action can we develop? These will be the main issues addressed in the Participation 2.0 - Open Conference. You can find more detailed Info on civilmedia.eu and the first registered participants on wiki.civilmedia.eu.