Les Rencontres Internationales on Tue, 7 Aug 2007 17:28:13 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> RIPBM ::: Call for entries ::: film video multimedia ::: in Paris, in Berlin, in Madrid

.
Dear all,
Please find below the Call for entries we are now circulating for the 14th "Rencontres internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid" that will take place from the  22nd of November to the 1st of December in Paris at the Centre Pompidou, the Jeu de Paume national museum and other location.
This piece of information is released so that artists, filmmakers, and collectives may submit their works.
General information regarding the Rencontres Internationales is posted on our website, at : http://art-action.org
Please feel free to forward this information as widely as possible and to contact us for any further information.
Best wishes
The Festival team

     *** Please forward this information as widely as possible ***

The 'Rencontres Internationales' will take place in Paris in November 2007, at the Centre Pompidou, at the Jeu de Paume national museum and in other key locations. The same program will be presented in Madrid in April 2008 and in Berlin in June 2008.
Those three events will propose an international programming focusing on new cinema, video and multimedia, gathering works of artists and filmmakers acknowledged on the international scene along with young artists and not much distributed filmmakers.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANISATION CAN SUBMIT ONE OR SEVERAL PROPOSALS. THE CALL FOR ENTRIES IS OPEN TO FILM, VIDEO AND MULTIMEDIA CYCLES, without any restriction of length or genre. All submissions are free, without any limitation of geographic origin.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

CINEMA AND VIDEO CYCLES (all film and video formats)
* Video / Video art / Experimental video
* Experimental Film
* Documentary, experimental documentary
* Fiction - short, medium and feature length
* Animation movie

MULTIMEDIA CYCLES
* Installation * Net art * Performance, concert

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Video and film submissions are received on DVD. ALL submissions are sent by postal mail, enclosed with a filled-in ONLINE ENTRY FORM, UNTIL THE 15th of AUGUST, 2007. Entry forms and information regarding the 'Rencontres internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid' are available on our website http://art-action.org/en_info_appel.htm

The 'Rencontres Internationales' offer more than a simple presentation of the works. They introduce an intercultural forum gathering various guests from all over the world - artists and filmmakers, institutions and emerging organisations - to testify of the vivacity of creation and its distribution, but also of the artistic and cultural contexts that often are experiencing deep changes. The festival reflects specificities and crossings of art practices between new cinema and contemporary art, explores media art practices and their critical purposes, and work out this necessary time when points of view meet and are exchanged.
The festival aims at presenting those works to a broad audience, at creating circulations between different art practices and between different audiences, as well as creating new exchanges between artists, filmmakers and professionals. The 'Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid', an event without competition, are supported by French, German, Spanish and international cultural institutions. http://art-action.org/en_soutien.htm
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SPREAD OUT THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION to creative organizations, art networks, production companies, artists and filmmakers you are in contact with.

Best wishes.
The Rencontres Internationales

--
Les Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid
#14 > Paris > Centre Pompidou, Jeu de Paume, Cinéma Entrepôt
22 nov. - 1er dec. | 22. Nov - 1. Dez. | Nov. 25th - Dec. 1st