Maria Fernandez on Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:47:36 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Chair Search

.
Title: Chair Search

Position Announcement

Chair - Department of Art

The College of Architecture, Art, and Planning at Cornell University is seeking a Chair for the Department of Art. Applicants for the position must possess the ability to oversee the ambitious transformation of the Department's BFA and MFA programs, including implementation of a trans-disciplinary approach, expanding involvement with new technologies, focusing and invigorating the visiting artists program, and facilitating the development of our recently instituted New York City-based program in Chelsea as well as our longstanding program in Rome.

The ideal candidate is engaged professionally at the highest level internationally, and has sincere interest in the education of artists, has a developed and ambitious pedagogical vision, and has proven administrative expertise. Artists, curators, and critics are encouraged to apply.  Salary and benefits are very competitive. Start date is July 1, 2007.

To apply, please send a letter of intent and resume to:

Todd McGrain
Chair Search Committee (Art)
Office of the Dean
College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
129 Sibley Dome
Ithaca, NY 14853-7301

Electronic (e-mail) applications cannot be accepted.
Applications must be received by December 1, 2006.
Cornell University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer

For more information:
www.aap.cornell.edu/aap/art
(607) 255-9110
glp25@cornell.edu