OPTRONICA on Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:42:50 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> call for entries :: Optronica festival :: London

.
OPTRONICA - CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS -  Deadline: December 1st

OPTRONICA
visual music on the big screen
March 2007, London
at the BFI Southbank (NFT) & BFI IMAX
www.optronica.org

Playstation teams up with the BFI and leading audiovisual artists/producers Addictive TV with new-media curators Cinefeel to present Optronica, a hybrid of music festival and film festival taking place over 5 days in March 2007. Optronica explores the fusion of music and visuals, and features live audiovisual performances, screenings, talks, workshops and related special events.  The festival will be held at the BFI IMAX and the newly renovated National Film Theatre, which will re-open as BFI Southbank on 1 February.

:: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS ::
visual music animations / music videos / video installations

For our cinema screenings, we're looking for innovative and unconventional music videos, ambient and experimental work, animations, audio/video remixes and video cut-ups that express or explore the close relation of music and image.  We're open to all styles of music and all styles of images, be they created on celluloid or in the digital domain.

We are also looking for video installations that utilise this close relation of music and image; these can be interactive and preferably for a single screen exhibit. These installations will be hosted in one of the new BFI Southbank spaces over the five days of the event as part of the Optronica Lounge.

DEADLINE: Friday 1st December.

Please download a submission form and details from here  www.optronica.org

The cinema programmes are curated by Cinefeel who, for over a decade, has been promoting new media culture and music videos as an artform in their own right.  Cinefeel has programmed for major international festivals and organised countless music/video events. More info: www.cinefeel.org