concha garcia on Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:48:46 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> videonet-06 calling for videos

.
FOR VIDEO & NET-ART LECTURERS

My name is Concha García. I am the Co-ordinator of VIDEONET-06, an event of video and Net-Art that is produced by last-year students of Fine Arts Universities.

The first edition of VIDEONET took place last year and included works made only by students of Spanish Universities. Due to the success of the previous edition we have decided to replicate the same experience this year, broadening its scope by inviting as well students from Potugal, Mediterranean and Latin-American countries.

VIDEONET-06 is organized by the School of Architecture and Fine Arts of the European University of Madrid, Spain, and specifically by the Official Master of Contemporary Art, http://postgrado.uem.es/listado/arte, which will start next academic year 2006-2007.

This second edition of VIDEONET will take place during the last week of September 2006 (25/9-29/9) in the European University of Madrid, which is located in Villaviciosa de Odón, Madrid, Spain.

As part of the preparation of the event we are contacting universities that could be potentially interested in participating with us this year.

1.      VIDEO: We would like to propose the participating Universities to make a 20 minutes video containing the selection of the most interesting pieces of work of the students from the last years of your University. We would like to receive them together in a DVD.

In this regard, it is important to stress that we will not make the selection of the works. This will be your responsibility as participating university, since the aim is to show the most representative pieces of the work that is being undertaken in your University.

It would be good if you could attach a presentation (video or short text) containing information regarding the works and the authors. This presentation should not exceed 10 minutes.

2.      NET-ART. Each University will have allocated a time span of 30 minutes. You should send us an instruction note to make the guided tours in Internet, and a brief introduction of the students´ works. We would like to get from you a maximum of 10 works.

3.      DEADLINE. The deadline for the presentation of the works will be Friday, 1st September  2006.

4.      We would appreciate if all the works could be compiled by one single person before being sent to us, since this would significantly simplify the reception of the contributions by each University.

The works should be sent to the next adress:

VideoNet-06

Departamento de Creación Artística
Despacho C-012
Universidad Europea de Madrid
28670 Villaviciosa de Odón. Madrid (SPAIN)

5.      We would exhort you not to use unusual CODECS.

6.      We intend to invite several representatives of Spanish national institutions with international projection to comment on the works of the students, who are the real protagonists of the event. Among these institutions we will have the international magazine LAPIZ, the INTERMEDIAE Programme of the Comunidad de Madrid  and the MNCARS (Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía).

7.      No payment will be done for the exhibition, so all Universities that decide to participate in the event should accept this condition. The view of the works will be done in the educative context of the University. We commit to show the works EXCLUSIVELY WITH AN EDUCATIVE PURPOSE and in the framework of the VIDEONET-06. Therefore no claims concerning reproduction rights will be accepted.

I thank you in advance for your collaboration and remain at your disposal for any further information or clarification you may need.

CONTACT:
Concha García
VIDEONET-06 Co-ordinator
videonet-06@uem.es