Drew Hemment on Wed, 3 May 2006 20:58:31 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Deadline Extended... EVNT Competition

.
Please note - Deadline for EVNT Competition extended to 10th May, following server problems which prevented some people accessing the website last week. EVNT Showcase deadline the same 22nd May.

Also - list of participating venues now online
http://10.futuresonic.com/venues/

Drew

....Please pass this on to anyone you think might be interested..................

*CALLOUT FOR FUTURESONIC EVNTS!*

Futuresonic 2006 International Festival
Announces EVNT Showcase and Competition

20-23 July, Manchester, UK
Deadlines-Competition: 10 May(*extended*); Showcase: 22 May!!!

Learn more and submit a proposal: http://10.futuresonic.com/evnt

"They’ve got it, we want it."
London Timeout

Futuresonic, is the UK’s leading electronic music and media arts festival, this year is our tenth anniversary year!!

To make this year the biggest and best yet we are proud to announce the launch of our competition open to artist groups, promoters, labels, musicians, programmers and curators anywhere in the world who want to submit events to the Futuresonic EVNT Showcase.

The Futuresonic EVNT Competition offers cash prizes for events of GBP 2,500 and GBP 1,000 as well as three smaller amounts of GBP 250 for runners up.

Is This For You:
Are you an artist or group working with new technologies?
Do you represent an act or musician producing art music, post rock, electronica or dance?
Are you an experimental AV / VJ outfit?
Do you want the opportunity of showcasing your act to an informed audience at an internationally renowned festival?

The Futuresonic EVNT Showcase
Is a Manchester city-wide programme of events, which forms a major part of the Futuresonic festival, enabling new and ground breaking events, artist groups, labels and musicians from around the world to appear within the festival. Futuresonic is looking for innovative events of international calibre, and will help ‘matchmake’ promoters to venues.
Deadline: 22 May 2006
Submissions now open via: http://10.futuresonic.com/evnt

The Futuresonic EVNT Competition
Is open to any programmer, curator, promoter, label or artist group from any where in the world. Focusing on ground breaking and new events as well as one-off or adventurous events by established groups. Proposals will be judged by an independent panel of music, arts and industry figures and even if you are not one of the winners don’t worry you can still stage your own event as part of EVNT showcase.
Deadline extended: 10 May 2006
Submissions now open via: http://10.futuresonic.com/evnt

Links
Frequently Asked Questions:
http://10.futuresonic.com/faqs.html
Participating Venues:
http://10.futuresonic.com/venues
Use this Online Form to submit a proposal:
http://10.futuresonic.com/evnt
Contact:
EVNT2006@futuresonic.com

"Futuresonic is now recognised as the flagship of the digital "nu" wave."
Manchester Evening News

Futuresonic is an annual 3-day festival of electronic music and media arts that is urban, cutting edge, international, inclusive, and in Manchester with our 10th anniversary this year.

We present live music performances focusing on the best and up-and-coming music. We also commission unique one-off projects and artist collaborations, with a special emphasis on projects using emerging technologies.

Our audience...
Is around 10,000 attendance city-wide, made up of restless types, who want something more edgy.

Music policy...
From art music to post rock, electronica and dance.

Previous Futuresonic festivals have featured the likes of
Ladytron, Jamie Lidell, A Guy Called Gerald, Luke Vibert live, Zero 7, Mouse On Mars, Susanna & The Magical Orchestra, Matthew Herbert, 4hero, Robert Lippok, Philip Jeck, Lee Ranaldo, Coldcut, Barbara Morgenstern, Akitsugu Maebayashi, Daniel Wang and RJD2...... and many, many more......

Learn more about Futuresonic: http://www.futuresonic.com
or contact: 10@futuresonic.com