Shannon Clark on Sat, 4 Mar 2006 00:32:10 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> [call] MeshForum 2006 May 7-9 in Chicago - call for artists

.

Hello all,

MeshForum 2006 (http://www.meshforum.org) will be May 7-9 in Chicago.

MeshForum is a conference about Networks - we bring together academics,
business leaders, government experts and artists for three days of
learning and collaboration. Our focus is networks of any type -
confirmed speakers at MeshForum 2006 include experts on visualization of
complex systems, business blogging and communication. Political
networkors and many others.

As part of MeshForum we have Interstitials which are short (~15 min)
presentations of art or other surprises in between our formal
presentations of speakers.

So while pre-registration is open and until March 1st just $500
(http://meshforum2006.mollyguard.com) we are also issuing a call for
artists whose works involve networks.

Requirements:

- artist must be able to either present the work(s) in person in Chicago
May 7-9 OR arrange for someone to present the works in person

- works can be in any medium, digital especially of interest, but should
have a strong network component (but of course, be creative here we're
very interested in exploring all meanings and views of networks and what
a 'network' is)

- we are recording all sessions on Sunday and Monday at MeshForum (audio
and in some cases video). These sessions will be made available on IT
Conversations (see
http://www.itconversations.com/series/meshforum2005.html for four from
MeshForum 2005). Last year we reached over 40,000 people via IT
Conversations, ideally we can help you reach an even larger audience,
though if you do not wish to be included in the podcast presentations,
or your presentation of your work does not translate well to a podcast
medium this will not eliminate you from consideration but preference
will be given to works that will work well as a podcast as well

- works should be suitable for presentation in less than 15 minutes. If
your piece cannot be we may be able to make an exception.

Benefits:

Artist (or your representative) will receive a free registration to
MeshForum 2006 and can attend all three days in Chicago.

If you are interested please email me at shannon at meshforum.org.

Thanks and hope to see many of you in Chicago in May!

Shannon