Geert Lovink on Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:51:06 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> [pub] Distributed Aesthetics, issue 7 of The Fibreculture Journal out now

.

Distributed Aesthetics, issue 7 of The Fibreculture Journal
Edited by Lisa Gye, Anna Munster and Ingrid Richardson

http://journal.fibreculture.org/issue7/index.html

Rather than try to define the terminology or taxonomy of distributed=20
art theories and practices we have proposed in this issue a
descriptor=20=

for the =91aesthesia=92 of contemporary networked encounters.  =
Distributed=20
aesthetics concerns experiences that are sensed, lived and produced
in=20=

more than one place and time. This might equally be a sketch of=20
reconsiderations of the operations of cultural memory or of phenomena=20
such as endurance performances. But what we propose, through
gathering=20=

together the disparate essays in this fibreculture journal issue, is=20
that techno-social networks are crucially constitutive of this=20
distributed aesthesia.  In various ways, all the texts here take up
the=20=

mode through which =91the network=92 =96 the juncture and disjunction of
=
here=20
and there, you and I, social and individuated =96 functions as the=20
crucial operand in dispersing and contouring perception, art practice=20
and aesthetics. This issue of the fibreculture journal signals=20
important emerging trends and directions for critically engaged=20
artistic practices and theories in and of the network.

With contributions from:
Darren Tofts
Geert Lovink and Anna Munster
Greg Turner-Rahman
Mark Amerika
Simon Biggs
Vince Dzekian
Edwina Bartlem
Susan Ballard
Keith Armstrong

And with thanks to the readers who assisted with comments and, as=20
always, to Andrew Murphie=