Andrea Polli on Sat, 28 Jan 2006 00:35:34 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> [call] 25th International Space Development Conference Space Art Track Call

.

Please distribute widely - apologies for cross-postings

You are invited to participate in the Space Art Track
held as a part of the proceedings of the 25th International Space
Development Conference 2006, co-sponsored by the National Space Society
and the Planetary Society, taking place May 4 - 7, 2006, at the Sheraton
Gateway Hotel at Los Angeles International Airport In Los Angeles,
California.

This email will provide you with information on conference registration,
presentation, exhibition and volunteer opportunities.

The Zero Gravity Arts Consortiums (ZGAC) International Conference
Program in collaboration with the STUDIO For Creative Inquiry at the
College of Fine Arts at Carnegie Mellon University will help organize
this Space Art Track, with Lowry Burgess and Frank Pietronigro serving
the community as Co-Chairs. Based in part upon the program model that
was created to support the Workshop for Space Artist's Residencies and
Collaborations, that took place February 2005 at Carnegie Mellon
University West at the NASA Ames Research, it is our intention that
internet, private working sessions and public activities take place as a

part of the Space Art Track.

FOR CONFERENCE REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT:

http://isdc.nss.org/2006/register.html

INVITATION TO PRESENT - ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 15, 2006
(Note: the deadline of February 1, 2006 listed on the ISDC website will
be extended and please note that the Co-Chairs cannot fund participant
travel fees).

To submit an abstract please visit the conference website at:

http://isdc2005.xisp.net/~kmiller/isdc_archive/

We seek abstracts for presentations that relate to any of one of the
three following topics:

1. In the spirit of the theme of the 25th International Space
Development
Conference 'Exploring New Worlds' we seek presentations that relate to
the fortification of participation in space art projects and
collaborations that include the diversity and cultural richness of our
global community as reflected in the population of the conference's host

city Los Angeles.

The Space Art practice is a global, human cultural endeavor that
transcends national boundaries and as artists we are Exploring New
Worlds in order to create our work. All human experience the force of
gravity and people from all parts of the world look up to the sky, from
their unique cultural viewpoints.

2. Presentations that relate to the theme Gravity Pulse may also be used
as a guide during the development of presentation abstracts.

Gravity Pulse is a theme for proposed alternating gravity flight
campaigns formed to embrace all of the acceleration conditions of
parabolic flight: 1G earth gravity , microgravity, and above 1G
acceleration states. It is meant to extend the range of artistic
creativity and meditation on the interacting continuum bet