Turbulence on Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:24:08 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> [event] Turbulence 2005 Fundraiser :: Art Donated :: Please Support Us

December 1, 2005

New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc./Turbulence Fundraiser
http://turbulence.org/fundraiser_05/index.html

Art work donated by Cory Arcangel, Kate Armstrong, Andy Deck, Jason
Freeman,
Mariam Ghani, Peter Horvath, Yael Kanarek, Michael Takeo Magruder,
Michael Mandiberg, MTAA, Yoshi Sodeoka, Helen Thorington and Ricardo
Miranda Zuniga

Dear Friends,

New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc. (NRPA) will be 25 years old in 2006;
Turbulence will be 10 years old. Despite the expansion of our projects,
the
acceleration of our support for net artists, and the valuable resources
we provide in our networked_performance blog and New American Radio
archive, NRPA has seen a decline in its operating support. As a result,
much of our hard work forgoes compensation. Of equal concern is the dual
role our server is forced to perform: archiving work produced since 1996
and supporting new commissions that require cutting edge technologies and
later versions of its current software. It's time for a new server.

We need your support. Please help us preserve our archives and support
emerging artists and technologies. Numerous Turbulence artists have
generously donated DVDs, CDs, archival prints, T-Shirts and more. Choose
from this impressive array or simply make a donation today.
http://turbulence.org/fundraiser_05/index.html

With Gratitude,

Helen Thorington and Jo-Anne Green
Co-Directors

New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc.: http://new-radio.org
New York: 917.548.7780 =80 Boston: 617.522.3856
Turbulence: http://turbulence.org
New American Radio: http://somewhere.org
Networked_Performance Blog: http://turbulence.org/blog
Upgrade! Boston: http://turbulence.org/upgrade