heiner benking - open-forum on Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:02:50 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> [ann] TIME TO FIGHT MAP-ANALPHABETISM (Modified by Geert Lovink) [u]

UN -UNESCO's 60. Anniversary: Time for Renewal - Initiative for
revisiting
our world-maps and world-views started at UNESCO's 60th Anniversary Nov
16th

Time for Renewal - Initiative for revisiting our world-maps and
world-views
started at UNESCO's 60th Anniversary Nov 16th

Please take note of our initiative towards:
Earth Literacy and Map Alphabetisation !
Or: "Towards a Free Alphabetisation Course for our Leaders & Readers."
November 16th, 2005: Today, on occasion of the 60th Anniversary of
UNESCO,
we want to...  http://www.pnyv.org/index.php?id=95&L=8

here you can find examples which show that distorted and misleading
maps are
in our offices and schools, in our media and science.
International Organisations are seen as having to revisit the maps they
use
in culture, education, science and politics urgently and set positive
examples in EDUCATION like DESD or Environmental Sciences MDG, UNEP;
UNDP;
UNESCO, UNU,...
TIME FOR RENEWAL-TIME TO FIGHT MAP-ANALPHABETISM
http://www.in-betweener.org/flatworlds/maps/

best

heiner benking
Open Forum