Katarina on Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:20:13 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [ann] rooseum support

dear nettime

it would be great if you can send the support rooseum text below out=20
using your mailing list
thanks!

katarina stenbeck

Support Rooseum!
Go to : http://rooseum.se and sign the petition

The foundation Rooseum Center for Contemporary Art, Malmo is presently in
danger of being closed down. The future of Rooseum has for a while been
discussed among the founders of Rooseum and the local politicians in
Malmo. In late October with following meetings in November the final
decisions will be made as to if and how Rooseum will continue in 2006 and
onwards. In that connection we will need your support to state the
necessity of institutions like Rooseum, both locally and
internationally.

Rooseum has through its existence marked itself with a clear vision in
its work with contemporary art. The ambition has been to create art
projects and exhibitions that contribute to the discussions of topic
issues on art and society. We have strived to provide artists with
possibilities to work and exhibit and to give audiences the possibility
to meet with art in its various phases of production and display.
Hopefully this will not be the end of it.

If you wish to support Rooseum we would be very grateful if you go to our
website, sign the petition and give a statement of support.

Yours sincerely,
Rooseum