Le Monde diplomatique on Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:25:08 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [site] Le Monde diplomatique

   Le Monde diplomatique=20

                            September 2005

                            In this issue:
   ... Germany, a new direction; Egypt, an air of change; Zimbabwe,
    behind the city demolitions... the UN dossier: people, states,
   alternatives... China's Captain Cook, Maigret and the literature
                of the non-elite reader... and more...

     You can have our new print edition delivered direct to your
     door. Subscriptions include online access to all articles on
     our website.

     To subscribe, click here to be taken to our secure server.
     https://www.granta.com/mondediplo

Just saying no

by Alain Gresh

                                            Translated by Ed Emery

     <http://MondeDiplo.com/2005/09/01rejection>

THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE SOCIAL DEMOCRATS

Germany: new left, old right

by Mathias Greffrath

     The general election on 18 September will change Germany's
     political landscape permanently, although the outcome is in
     doubt. Will the Christian Democrats win enough seats to
     govern with the support of the Liberals, or form a coalition
     with the Social Democrats? The SPD, facing competition from
     the new Left party, is in steep decline.

                                        Translated by Barry Smerin

     <http://MondeDiplo.com/2005/09/02germany>

A shortage of Germans *

by Michel Verrier