autonomy@ss.iij4u.or.jp on Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:58:28 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [call] project netarts.org 2005 --- call for the nomination

"Project netarts.org" 2005 - 1st announcement

1. From "Art on the Net" to the new "Project netarts.org"

2. Call for the nomination

3. The schedule

1. From "Art on the Net" to the new "Project netarts.org"

>From 1995 to 2003, The Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts hosted the "
Art on the Net" project promoting the Internet as a space for artistic
expression. For nine years, this project had been calling on artists
around the world to investigate the relationship between Art, the
Internet and the Society.

After the years of the "Art on the Net," we launched a new event called
the "Project netarts.org" last summer. The " Project netarts.org"
consists of an Internet Art exhibition, artist essays, theoretical
articles, and an online forum.

The Exhibition section of the project will feature recent developments
in Internet Art and is open to all forms of creative expression that use

the Internet as their primary medium. The essays and articles from
artists, critics, curators and other contributors, will be featured in
the Writings section. The Online Forum is open to everyone who is
interested in Internet Art and other hybridized forms of Digital or
Media Art that use network technologies.

Although this project is primarily focused on the latest developments in

the field of Internet Art, we are also very interested in considering
contributions that reflect the influence of Internet Art production on
the wider fields of Media-Art, Digital Art, curatorial practice, digital

pedagogy, and online publishing.

2. Call for the nomination.

This year, the artworks for the exhibition and the "netarts.org 2005
prize" will be chosen by our Selection Committee. The prize fee for the
top selection will be 200,000 yen.

The members will make their own nominations, but we will accept
nominations from the web also. Please send your nomination to us
directly at our website http://www.netarts.org/ .

The members of the Selection Committee are:

Mark Amerika (http://www.markamerika.com/)
Susan Hazen (http://www.imj.org.il/)
Akihiro Kubota (http://homepage2.nifty.com/%7Ebota/)
keisuke Oki (http://homepage3.nifty.com/oob/)
Rick Silva (http://ricksilva.net/)
You Minowa (Curator, MCMOGATK).

For further information, please visit
http://www.netarts.org/webmuseum.html

3. The schedule

We will accept nominations by mail from 15th, July 2005 to 15th, Sept.
2005.

The award-winning artwork will be selected by 30th Sept. The exhibition
will be launched 1st, Nov. 2005. We will soon announce some physical
events to take place in Nov. at the Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts,

Tokyo.

--
You Minowa
Curator